Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Update

I'm back after a hiatus. I found myself going through a transformation. Although it was painful, as transformations often are, it was an incredible experience.

I have been working on transcending my limited perceptions of authority. What does this mean? I've always seen authority figures as terrorists, associating them with slavery, segregation and all oppression. Basically, I saw authority through the eyes of fear, not as sources of wisdom, experience, and assistance as they should be.

I always thought that if I were my own source of authority, then everything would be all right. Turned out that this solution was not feasible in my present state of spirituality. I desperately need growth.

What I did discover is that growth is precisely how I can develop my own authority. However, growth is a slow, painful, but beautiful process that yields incredibly sweet fruit. I'm discovering that it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment