Saturday, October 9, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System - Day 3 - Tehuti

Hetep Everyone,

Last night's meditation, although less smooth than I would have liked, helped me to produce some insights that I would like to share with you. Before I get to that, however, I would like to share some things that I apply to my meditation when I remember to do so. Usually, this is after, and sometimes during, meditation sessions that are going poorly.

  • Correct my breathing -- I try to remember to concentrate on pulling in my lower abdomen when I exhale and expanding it when I inhale -- I mean I really focus on this. Also, as the Metu Neter advises, I try to remember to contract my perineum. See the book for details on that. Ra Un Nefer Amen offers DVDs and CDs to teach meditation. My budget has only provided for the book and an introductory meditation CD, but you can purchase some of these items for each deity during the meditation cycle.
  • Focus on one of the Sesh Metut Neter, found on pages 404-410 of Metu Neter Vol. 1: The Great Oracle of Tehuti and the Egyptian System of Spiritual Cultivation. For a Tehuti meditation, the Sma Taui is a good image. The images are in the very back of the Metu Neter, vol. 1. It looks similar to the image I've provided below. The Sma Taui should remind us of the unity of all dualities, especially in times of conflict and dealing with problems. Sma Taui imageThis means that there is always a solution to the problem or a way to avoid it. It's just a matter of using Tehuti's eye to see the solution or course of action that does not create other problems.
  • This is a lot to remember, but it takes time and practice -- persistence, not perfection. Okay, here are some of the insights that I was able to gain from last night's meditation:
    • I need to assess the meaning that I apply to money. Money is just a thing. I give it meaning and importance. Usually, the meaning I give it comes from what I've learned from others and my interpretation of my experiences. Poverty is a meaning to which I've been taught to give importance. Pain is a feeling that I have been taught to apply to poverty, which I have been taught to assess as lack.

      I'm from Shreveport, LA, a real hot spot for segregation. When I listen to some of the elders speak about those days, they would be quick to say that when they lived in the country they never knew they were poor. They had what they needed. It wasn't until they left the country or televisions replaced radios that poverty turned to despair and longing; therefore, the meaning given to "poverty" is conditional. You must compare your state with some other person. Remove that comparison and you can interpret your situation any way you like.

      In the Tree of Life Meditation System, in the meditation chapter on Tehuti, we are encouraged to see through conditioned meanings to discover the true sources of pleasure and peace, bypassing pain. Once you clear away the emotions that cause conflict, solutions begin to present themselves. This, of course is a skill that must be cultivated through practice, meditation, and study.
    • Money is a symbol that you exchange for goods and services. I must not limit my perception to attaining the goods and services that I want to an exchange of money that I must acquire. In other words, the universe can provide the goods and services I need in any way, form, or fashion. I'm not limited to money nor am I limited to being the one to supply the means of exchange. I don't want to miss an opportunity because I expect to receive what I want in only one way.

Well, this wraps up the insights for this meditation session. I hope that my insights have helped.

Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment