Saturday, October 30, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Assessment -- Maat

Hetep Everyone,

A drop from the ocean contains the qualities of the ocean, but not its quantity. Similarly, I am a piece of God. As such, I am a Divine Being, but not God -- The All. As Above, So Below.

These are great statements, but what do they mean in the midst of temptation, if I forget them? Trance, waking, and Men Ab meditations all are designed to ensure that I remember my Divinity, my identification of my Self as Ausar, but my ego is so strong that it protects itself by directing temptations toward me that lead me away from performing these meditations. All I have to defend my Self is my desire to recognize my Divinity -- Ausar.

What motivation stokes the fires of this desire to identify my Self as Divine? What's the reward? To recognize my Self as a creator, giving God experience.

In theory, this sounds awesome. In practice, the hardest thing for me to believe is that I can influence the world around me. Falling prey to urges and temptations reinforce this belief. How can I be a creator if I cannot stop myself from trying to escape scary situations or overindulging in unhealthy foods?

I am learning slowly...very slowly... to understand, through the energy of Maat, the need to recognize the form and function of my thoughts, feelings, and actions in situations. The purpose of this is to understand that anything that has a form came from formlessness and thus can return to that state and be reshaped simply by changing my perspective of the form and its function.

A cookie is something that I would like to eat only if I apply to it a meaning that makes it palatable. However, if I apply a meaning to the cookie that identifies it as a waste of my time, energy and Divinity, then its function changes from being a source of enjoyable food, to being a source of distraction away from my ability to create the world that I want to live in and how I want to exist in that world as a Divine Being.

The size of the cookie may be small, but its size is irrelevant. What is relevant is the principle of transforming my perspective of form and function in the midst of temptation. If I can do this for something as small as a cookie, then I can apply the same principle in any situation like transforming the meaning of lack to prosperity simply by broadening my view of what is around me.

Learning to use what I have such as learning to desire the sweet taste of fruit above that of a cookie, and then sharing the principle of transforming perspectives with others is Maat in action.

By applying this principle, I can transform my identity of Self and my world, becoming the experience God intended.

This begs the question: What will the world that I want to live in look like?

I don't know yet, but it's fun thinking about the answer.

This is all for now. Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment