Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 3 -- Tehuti

Hetep Everyone,

My posts are off, meaning that I am one post behind. This is due to my meditations being off. I apologize for this. I've got to work hard to catch up. As I stated many times during the postings of the last meditation cycle, what I find most significant is persistence, not perfection. In my defense, however, I am constantly searching for more ways to be more consistent. I beg your indulgence.

The objective of this meditation cycle is to experience my worth as a Divine Being, focusing on both my worthiness and my Self as a Divine Being.

First, in understanding Tehuti, I had to learn and still have to learn about perception and meaning. Mostly, what I'm learning is that nothing has any meaning until I give it meaning.

Think about a baby reaching to touch a hot heater. To the baby, she is just experiencing the sense called, "touch". Adults will say to the baby, "Hot!, Hot!," giving to the baby the meaning of "hot". However, a Yogi, or someone highly skilled in mind control can apply their finger to a flame, hold it there and experience no pain or burns. My point is that meaning is conditional, based upon perception. This tells me that I have the power to determine the meaning of my own worth and worthiness.

Isn't this a powerful thought? I have the power to choose my perception, thus changing the meaning of anything I want. Let me give an example of what I mean by perception in terms of my worth as a person and not a Divine Being.

I'm in Wal-Mart, right? I'm walking down the aisles looking at things I want, but I don't have the money to buy them. How do I feel? Deprived? Impoverished? Desperate for more money?

Let's change the scene.

In my imagination, I am in a cornfield wearing the crown of Ausar. All around me is lush, green vegetation. I can have all that I want there. My access is unlimited and the abundance is infinite. How do I feel? Blessed? Rich? Sated?

Under both circumstances, I'm in a place of plenty, but my perception of what I have access to is different. Is it possible to be in Wal-Mart with little money and feel blessed, rich, and sated. Similarly, is it possible to be in a lush cornfield with unlimited access and feel deprived, impoverished, and desperate for money no matter how much I have? Yes! I've experienced both perspectives in Wal-Mart and my imagination. The difference is a better understanding of Tehuti.

Tehuti is the all-seeing eye -- omniscience. If I concentrate less on how I feel and more on the meaning of my purpose for being in Wal-Mart then my perspective becomes more focused and my choices become clearer. I am able better to accept my circumstances. Why? Tehuti helps you to detach yourself from the things you don't need and to accept the things you do need all without resentment. This is the result of a clearer understanding of purpose and what must be done to fulfill that purpose.

Currently, I am growing into this understanding. What is unclear to me is my understanding of my Self as a Divine Being. As a Divine Being, should I even concern myself with the concept of worth? Am I worthy merely by existing and acknowledging my worth? Can I do nothing and still be worthy? Is there a difference between being worthy and Divine?

I don't have any answers to these questions or the myriad others I could ask along these lines. I'm still searching, growing in my understanding.

Okay, let me give you the Law of Tehuti, which I have personalized from the words of Ra Un Nefer Amen in his book, Maat the 11 laws of God.

Tehuti: When all of my thoughts, feelings, and actions reflect the word of God, then the power of God's spirit and a peace that nothing can challenge will flow through my being.

How do I break the Law of Tehuti by not experiencing my worth as a Divine Being?

Insights:

  • My thoughts reflect my desire to feel worthy as a Divine being, but not my feelings and actions.
  • I have to work very hard to act upon the knowledge that I have access to a peace that nothing can challenge.

I'm going to stop here for now and just say...until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment