Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Know Thyself -- A Few Issues with Authority

In my astrological chart, Uranus is in my 6th house. This means that freedom of thought is paramount to me. This has gotten me in so much trouble. Not only can't I stand authority, because of my conditioning from childhood trauma, I lacked the courage to go off on my own.

My hatred of authority has been such a major part of my life that it is making up a major part of my healing process. With having Mercury in Virgo, I have decided to examine thoroughly my attitude toward authority. My mother and tyranny are major themes in this process.

I have been very blessed to go through this journey with my mother as she is on her own personal healing journey. My questions to her have caused her to question the role of authority in her own childhood with her parents and the overseer on the Elerby plantation where she grew up.

I'm so glad that I didn't wait until she was dead to start this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment