Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 17 -- Maat

Hetep Everyone,

Ra Un Nefer Amen tells us that Divine Law is an expression of the inter-relationship between all things. What in the world does this mean? When I first began the Tree of Life Meditation System (TOLM), I always skipped over this information because I didn't understand it. I don't claim to fully understand it, but this is as much a mission of mine as mastering Men Ab and Waking meditation.

The way I picture the inter-relationship and interdependency of Divine Law is like a machine (bicycle-type) with 11 wheels bound by one chain all turning together to move you forward. There must be a great deal of order and structure to coordinate this movement or it won't work. This means that movements are free, but limited to their own space. This is Maat keeping everything in order so that structural integrity is maintained.

When I started this meditation cycle, I wanted to manifest some money. This was the first time that I had done a cycle concerning something so tangible. I was very skeptical about being able to meet my objective. My life experiences have conditioned my perspective so that I expect disappointment and fear success. If you've read some of my earlier posts then you may have a clearer picture as to how this backwardness developed. Only my work with the TOLM system has given me the courage to attempt to achieve this particular objective.

Every time I begin a cycle, I never know what will reveal itself.The reason for this has mostly to due with Maat. Maat must keep everything in balance. There is no need for me to manifest money if I am not ready to be a good steward of it. First, my weaknesses as a steward must be exposed so that they can be strengthened. Once strengthened, structure and balance will have been established. Then I will be ready to manage successfully the money I receive. Bring my spirit into alignment first, then give me what I want, if it will not disturb the balance of anyone or anything else. This is Maat, maintaining order. This is why spiritual alignment is spiritual cultivation.

Cultivating the spirit takes time, patience, and dedication. This scenario doesn't quite fit with our modern culture, which worships, through deed and action, the instantaneous. According to the Metu Neter, before our five senses can detect the physical objects which have manifested, those objects must first develop through 10 other invisible spheres of creation -- Amen, Sphere 0 through Auset, Sphere 9. If you can believe (Know) that this is true, this means that almost all of processes of existence are invisible.

Think of a pregnant woman. In this Western culture, before they invented machines that could create pictures of the gestation process, people had to simply trust and be patient until the child came. The Metu Neter provides the information we need to understand the processes of spiritual, and, therefore, physical transformation.

In the Tree of Life Meditation System, I found chapter 10, the chapter on Maat to be perhaps the most boring chapter in the book. It's kind of like watching a planted seed grow before it breaks ground. Reading this chapter, like cultivating your spirit is an act of knowing that all of the work you put into it has a great potential for bearing the sweetest fruit -- the fruit on the Tree of Life.

That's it for now. Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment