Sunday, October 10, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 4 -- Seker

Hetep Everyone,

Last night's Tree of Life Meditation for Seker was of supreme quality. I remembered everything:

  • I contracted my lower abdomen when I exhaled.
  • I expanded my lower abdomen when I inhaled.
  • I contracted my perineum when I held my breath.
  • I pictured two Sesh Metut -- the Uas Staff and the Aungkh.

Contracting the perineum while holding my breath really makes a big difference when attempting to reach the trance state where answers can be discovered.

A lot of times, I get complacent about my meditation techniques and do not achieve good results. I allow myself to be satisfied that I've at least meditated. This is sloppiness and laziness. This is one of the chief reasons for staying committed to doing the Tree of Life Meditation System each monthly cycle. My consistent participation in TOLM helps to ensure that I catch and correct this sloppiness. Persistence, not perfection makes a difference.

One benefit of performing a good meditation is receiving a gem of an insight, which did occur for me. My confirmation of this was awakening at the Seker hour (12am-3am) with the insight firmly on my mind.

Enough stalling. Let me give you the Law of Seker and the insight.This is the law according to Ra Un Nefer Amen in Maat the 11 Laws of God.

Seker -- When the emotions of Man manifest in response to the Word of God, they have the power to influence the course of any and all events in the world.

Insight -- Seker, 3rd Sphere on the Tree of Life is about Spiritual Power and your ability to influence the course of the events in your life, as the Law states. We are, of course, barred from this power until we attain the fullness of our Spirituality, but we can tap into bits and pieces of it, even if it is by "accident."

The insight that I received after a review of the Seker chapter in The Tree of Life Meditation book by Ra Un Nefer Amen was that I am endowed with the ability to achieve things even though I lack external and intellectual resources. Further, I have difficulty imagining myself possessing the money that I want. Instead, I was directed in the meditation to return to my understanding of perception.

Astrologically speaking, it is easier for me to grasp the concept of perception than physical manifestation. My Mercury is in the sign of the House that it rules -- Virgo, which is where my sun sign is placed. My tendency leans more toward thought than action. Those with different astrology birth chart readings will react to what I'm about to say differently, as should be expected.

My understanding of perception is that we see what most benefits our states of mind, belief systems, and values. This is how we limit our interpretation of reality. We see what we want to see even though much, much more might be there.

Here is an example: I try to mentally stimulate my Chakras, imagining their colors and placement in my body. I was sitting in the kitchen one day while I was doing this and I started looking for the Chakra colors (colors of the rainbow) around the room. I didn't intentionally place any of the colors in the kitchen, I just felt that they should be there. Sure enough, I found all of them, looking at the calendar, cereal boxes, pictures of relatives, etc. I've done this in different locations and I find what I'm looking for.

Further development of the insight led me to understand that instead of waiting to see if the money that I want will manifest itself at the end of the meditation cycle "somehow," I should start to look for the goods and services for which I would exchange the money.

As I said earlier, my tendency is to be cerebral so taking direct action, for me, is intimidating. Fortunately, I am still in the part of the meditation cycle that only requires me to look at the issue. The other half of the cycle will program me for taking action, but now I know that this action is ahead for me. One of the benefits of this meditation cycle will be an alleviation of my fear of action. I will have to address it in my meditation. Even if my efforts are lousy, my fear will be addressed, and, therefore, weakened, awaiting other meditation cycles that will further strengthen my courage.

So far, I'm impressed with my progress -- persistence, not perfection.

Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment