Thursday, November 25, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 17 -- Maat

Hetep Everyone,

I'm sure that you have noticed that my posts are off. I will try to catch them up.

I am having some tremendous insights regarding the enjoyment task that I have given myself. The thing that I have noticed most is that I'm less critical of myself and that it's easier to look for things to enjoy rather than things to criticize. I even found myself admonishing my niece for implying that the harsh things in life are true reality and that the enjoyable things are fantasy.

The Law of Amen teaches that both perspectives are true and that our conditioning (training, programming) has taught us that only one perspective can be real. Most probably, our experiences in society have taught us that pain is more real than joy so we scoff at joy. The Metu Neter teaches the system of how to avoid or solve conflicts so that we can consistently have peace, allowing the fulfillment of the Law of Amen.

Here is the Law of Amen, based upon Ra Un Nefer Amen in his book, Maat: The 11 Laws of God, -- You were made in the likeness of a peace that nothing can disturb. Reclaim your peace that you may attain to your reason for coming into existence -- the enjoyment of life. The Law of Amen is set above the Tree of Life, not on it. This means that all of the other ten laws allow you to be able to practice the Law of Amen.

Maat is the coordinator of all the laws. Two of the concepts that help me to grasp the coordination of Maat are interdependence and inter-relationship. Today, these concepts are explained as "holism" or "holistic thinking."

I don't pretend that I can adequately explain these concepts to you because I still am growing into my own understanding of them. However, studying the natal chart of my horoscope and the natal charts of other people has become good practice for my understanding of the way that Maat's coordination works and why it leads to peace and joy.

Every imagined society based upon joy, created from a European perspective that I have seen shows a society that does nothing except play or "Walk Around Heaven All Day," as the song says. It's like everyone's desire for thinking just stops. However, our ancestors left us blueprints that explain what to do with a society based upon joy -- build a society based upon advancing life and creation. They were able to do this because of their advanced understanding of death and loss, far removed from the limitations of pain.

My point is that if you scoff at joy as a societal aim, please reconsider the power of perspective.

This is all for now. Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment