Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Know Thy Self through Astrology

I would like to apologize for my absence. I've been taking my own advice and conducting some self-analysis. Part of this process was learning how to interpret my own astrology chart. Anyone can get their own chart for free at AlwaysAstrology.com. You can read interpretations at that website; however, the chart offers information that you cannot interpret through their site such as the effects of the Midheaven and certain Aspects, which you can find at CafeAstrology.com.


I found some very surprising information in my chart which I could not have discovered anywhere else to my knowledge.

If someone were to ask me what my sign is, I know to reply, "Virgo." This is my Sun sign -- the place where the sun was in the zodiac when I was born on August 25. Virgos are drawn toward helping others. Whatever we do, we want it to be something that will help someone else. What surprised me was how many planets I have in that one sign -- including the Sun, I have Mercury and Pluto, but Uranus is included within the 6th House which is also where my Virgo is located and that House is the house that also draws people toward service. That is a lot of energy pulling at me to help other people.

Was this information true? Yes. I've always had a strong desire to help others, but my success in doing so has almost always been overshadowed by two other aspects which, without the astrological chart, I've always felt but been unable to identify. First, I was born at night. This means that my outward personality (Aries) overshadows my Virgo sign, which is more demure. Second, the planet Saturn is in the same house as my Aries and Saturn was spinning in retrograde.

What does this mean? Very strong internal conflict and feelings of low self-worth. Also, the retrograde hinted at childhood trauma, which I did indeed suffer. Aries wants to fight and be assertive while Saturn feels guilty for not meeting everyone else's demands, which have been great considering how much energy in my life has been drawn towards serving others. With all of these opposite forces pulling at one another, my life has been one long tug-o-war.

The best thing about astrology is that it shows you which areas in your life need to be strengthen, corrected, and enhanced if you have the desire to look. I am learning that taking on the challenge of improving my life is the best way to get to know who I truly am.

No comments:

Post a Comment