Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 10 -- Auset

Hetep Everyone,

I did not meditate last night. I wanted to confess this so that you could understand what I meant when I said in earlier posts that sometimes my performance during the meditation cycle is lousy. This assessment is a bit strong because I've done much, much worse. But my point is that this is about persistence, not perfection. Not meditating, however, doesn't mean that I didn't get any insights from my nightly ritual of meditation and sleep; it means that my insights did not come from a formal sit-down trance meditation.

Trance meditation is the territory of Auset. Trance meditation consists of changes in consciousness that we go through every day as well as formally sitting down and putting yourself in a calm state that causes you to feel as if you could float away if you wanted.

Everyday trances, according to Ra Un Nefer Amen's Tree of Life Meditation System, includes "daydreams, absorption, moments of absent mindedness, and emotional states." He goes on to point out that during these states of consciousness, as well as formal trance meditation, our minds are receptive to programming our reality. This means that whatever images, beliefs, and ideas that surround us (everything in our environment that we can identify, including our own thoughts, feelings, and actions) become even more entrenched and reinforced into what we believe to be our reality.

The entire point of the Tree of Life Meditation System is to program our thoughts, feelings, and actions with the experiential knowledge that we have the power to change our reality.

Auset, the 9th Sphere on the Tree of Life is the beginning of this programming. Sebek, the 8th Sphere (thoughts, ideas, beliefs), is the second step or tool of programming. Het-Heru, the 7th Sphere(images, joy), is the third and final step or tool.

As stated above, trance relaxes the mind so much that programming what we determine to be reality occurs. It may be difficult to accept "daydreams, absorption, moments of absent mindedness, and emotional states" as trance states in which programming our reality occurs, but think about how often the same images and thoughts repeatedly run through your mind, reinforcing emotions or intentions. Usually, this repetition builds until a result is produced. Perhaps the most common example would be how we provoke arguments. Since we quite often enter into "daydreams, absorption, moments of absent mindedness, and emotional states" without conscious effort, we usually don't see the roles we play in provoking arguments. It's "always" someone else's fault.

Formal trance, through the energies of Auset, means that we consciously program our intentions into our subconscious mind. This means also that we consciously use our power to change our reality to what we choose it to be, replacing hopelessness and despair with optimism and expectation.

If you have read some of my earlier posts, then you will know that I have suffered trauma in my childhood and imposed trauma upon myself during my adulthood; therefore, most of my meditation objectives have dealt with healing my psychological wounds and, as a byproduct, healing the physical wounds (illnesses) caused by my psychological wounds. These wounds took decades to manifest with a lot of situations in which I was forced or I forced myself to do things that went against my Being.

Black Madonna and ChildThis is one of the main reasons why I prefer using the trance meditation of Auset to heal, but this meditation cycle has revealed to me that I MUST balance my trance meditation with Men Ab meditation. Since I'm trying to avoid copyright issues, I selected this picture of the Black Madonna and Child which is meant to represent its original source, Auset and Heru. Heru's Head Heru, the son of Auset, governs Men Ab meditation -- a waking meditation. This means that Heru governs our images and thoughts (Spheres 7 and 8 on the Tree of Life) while we are awake, watching them like a hawk. The nightly meditation (Auset's devotion to Ausar) conceives and nurtures the infant, Heru who becomes the hawk-headed man -- the waking meditation of the day. Consciously programming our reality begins with the mother, Auset.

This puts an entirely different spin on the Madonna and child concept.

Here is the Law of Auset personalized from the words of Ra Un Nefer Amen in his Maat: The 11 Laws of God:

Auset: I am prepared to sacrifice everything in order to become God's vessel on earth. In return, I will receive everything.

Insights: In order to survive the trauma of my life, I consciously chose to escape reality through images and thoughts, books, movies, television, intellectualism, etc. This is the area of my life where I discovered my freedom, but it was not a physical freedom. It was not even a psychological freedom, but it was a type of freedom that helped me to survive.

My efforts to tame and cultivate this mental freedom that I built for myself have been thwarted by a resistance that may by on the level of a death grip. Nevertheless, I must persist if I am to change my physical reality.

Well, this is it for now.
Until next time,

Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment