Thursday, October 14, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 8 -- Het-Heru

Hetep Everyone,

We are surrounded by images that our five senses can detect and identify, defining our reality. We use a lot of our energy to orient ourselves in this reality. Few of us give conscious thought to the images with which we surround ourselves. If we were to give images more thought, we would be much better at directing our emotions.

When I speak of images, I'm not just thinking in terms of two dimensional pictures. I'm also referencing three-dimensional images, including people, pets, houses, cars, symbolic images like political, economic, and social systems, governments, the environment, etc. Images are unlimited by time and space so also, I think in terms of thought processes and the hidden that our senses have not been trained to detect like electromagnetic fields and possibilities and actions that lead to events beyond our sight.

Images are so powerful that one of the first steps in changing reality is changing the images to reflect that reality. Once you develop an emotional attachment or meaning to that image, you will be motivated to take the action necessary to enhance the reality of that image.

Advertisers are brilliant at applying this concept and getting you emotionally hooked on buying their products. Advertisers are not the only ones who do this. We do this every day of our lives. Everything that we are surrounded by is there either because we placed it there or we put ourselves in the situation to be where that image was.

This is one heck of a presumptuous statement, you might say. Well, it is, but I'm also speaking on a cosmic level, considering the fact that we choose our own births. Okay, I don't want to lose track of the subject of images so I'll save the birth issue for another discussion. What really interests me is consciously choosing our images. Just in case you're interested, Feng Shui is a very good place to begin to consciously choose your own images.

Many of us who study the Metu Neter do so because we want to uplift ourselves and our communities out of oppression. We seem to be very clear on what we don't want, but what is it that we really want? Think of the joy we could cultivate from developing those images and the beliefs that could empower them toward manifestation. What if we put all of the energy that we use to complain about what we don't have into creating what we want? What kind of communities and societies would we build? It's a lot to consider.

Here is the Law of Het-Heru, personalized from the words of Ra Un Nefer Amen in his book Maat: The 11 Laws of God.

Het-Heru: It is not what I imagine. It is who is imagining. Am I a Human or a Divine Being?

Insight: For starters, I want to cultivate images that reflect the Divine, Creative being that I am and nurture how this affects my family. I'm witnessing the spreading and growth of peace throughout my family members where desperation reigned. It's slow going, but it's growing. If I don't judge my family for judging me, I find that they eventually accept me.

Another thing about family that I think is true is that all of the problems that we want to fix out there in the community exist in our families. Helping my family is helping the community. From myself to family to community to world -- I think that's a good plan.

That's it for now. Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment