Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 1 -- Amen

Hetep Everyone,

Wow! Today is the new moon and the start of another meditation cycle. The start of each meditation cycle is always very exciting for me because I know that I'm getting ready to change something about my life that will move it forward.

Each meditation cycle is about developing and cultivating my spirituality. It is also about my own personal healing -- healing from the effects of the Willie Lynch syndrome and being a product of this Western society. Mostly, participating in the meditation cycles consecutively helps me to grow closer and closer to claiming my Divinity -- my ultimate goal.

My objective for this meditation cycle is to experience my purpose in God's Divine plan, based upon truthful premises determined by relationships of how my functions (thoughts, feelings, and actions)fit the form I'm trying to create (my purpose).

Well, that sounds like a lot, but basically, what it boils down to is that I want to stop procrastinating and making excuses, learning how to take actions that will lead me to my Divine purpose. If you have followed the other two meditation cycles, you will know that I have suffered from life-long, crippling anxiety. I've been chipping away at this anxiety, but now I want to hammer at it and beat it down so this meditation objective is a huge, huge deal for me. I anticipate being able to address and nullify a lot of issues.

One thing that I learned from the last meditation cycle that I think will be a great benefit to me now is my growing understand of Ra (life force energy, Chi, Kundalini).

I was reading the explanation of the Sesh Metu, Bennu -- the phoenix, in the Metu Neter, vol. 1, p. 407. The following sentence triggered and insight about the fire that causes the ashes. See what you think.
"The ashes are symbolic of having been burned by the heat of Ra (tapas) that is generated in all difficult situations in which we are challenged to live Truth."
I always picture this fire as having the same source as the sun and the core of the earth. I imagine the fire burning away impurities, leaving behind only truth. The image has been effective when I apply it to debilitating emotions. I imagine the emotions burning in the fire of Ra, leaving ashes that cascade down to the ground. This allows me to ask myself whether or not my functions (thoughts, feelings, and actions) fit the form that I am trying to create. This is one of my weapons in the fight against procrastination. It's new for me so I can't claim consistent use. Hopefully, by the end of this meditation cycle, I'll be able to say different.

Now, let me give you the Law of Amen and insights from my meditation last night. I have personalized the Law from the words of Ra Un Nefer Amen in his book, Maat: the 11 Laws of God.

Amen: I am made in the likeness of a peace that nothing can disturb. I reclaim my peace that I may attain to the reason I have come into existence -- the enjoyment of life.

Insights:

  • My limited ability to keep my word, make a commitment, or tell the truth, especially in times of strained emotions, is a recognition of my own sense of powerlessness and that someone or something has authority that is superior to my own.
  • Living as a Divine Being, I should have no need to recognize another entity as having superior power to my own. Being is being. All power comes from the same source and we all have access to that power.
  • Anything that causes me to feel powerless only has the power that I acknowledge it has, meaning that I empower it through my recognition of it. I can simply image things that scare me being burned by the fires of Ra, reducing impurities to ashes, leaving behind truth -- something that should be easy to manage.

Well, that's it for now. Thanks so much for joining me for another mediation cycle. I wish you great fortune. Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment