Friday, January 14, 2011

Tree of Life Meditation System -- Day 10 -- Auset

Hetep Everyone,

Once again, here is my meditation objective for this meditation cycle: I want to see my transformation into a Divine Being as I learn to pause and consciously observe my decision processes before I act.

Sometimes, I find myself slipping back into old habits. I don't meditate when I would like to or I don't eat the way I would like to. I just act as if I know nothing about spirituality. I get caught up in my lower nature of fears, anxieties, other people's dramas, etc. I have discovered that when I get this lost, I can find my way back by breathing. If I can reestablish my desired breathing patterns, then everything else eventually falls back into place.

Well, I have been practicing something similar with thinking. Thinking, as you may already know, can lead to ego. This may be why: thinking is filled with judging, assessing, and evaluating. These activities seem to be the basis of the unchecked ideas and images that flood our minds when we think. This type of thinking is egoic because we are always comparing our thoughts, feelings, and actions to those of others and we do this with situations as well. So, I'm trying to pause my thoughts in the following manner: to stop thinking, I must stop judging, assessing, and evaluating. I've had a lot of success in catching myself being caught up in my own ego. Ego, you may recall, is the territory of Auset.

Here is the Law of Auset, personalized form the words of Ra Un Nefer Amen in his book, Maat: the 11 Laws of God.

Auset: I am prepared to sacrifice everything in order to become God's vessel on earth. In return, I will receive everything.

How do I break the Law of Auset by not pausing and observing?

I still operate from my ego, my lower nature.

That is all for now. I wish you great fortune. Until next time,
Hetep

No comments:

Post a Comment